Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Get Paid for Articles using Xomba

I have always been interested in writing, and have discovered the world of freelance article writing.  One site I have been using to develop my name as a freelance writer is called Xomba. You can earn money through Adsense.  When people click on the ads on your profile or when viewing your articles, you earn money.  It works similar to the way many blogs, including this one works.  People read the content and Google Adsense will place ads around the page.  If readers are interested, they click on the ads and Google Adsense will pay you for the ads that are viewed.

Xomba will also pay you a percentage of advertising revenue if you refer someone to join.  You earn 10% of their earnings.

There are two types of submissions you can make, Xombytes and Xomblurbs.  Its like a different language, but basically, a Xombyte is an article of 150+ words which can contain links or photos.  A Xomblurb is a blurb or social bookmark that links to a website, article or video. It contains a minimum of 50 words.  I have only been a member for a month or so and not really used it much, but I am planning on increasing my portfolio.  I will be adding any articles that have been rejected for freelance clients.  These are still quality articles, but did not necessarily suit either the genre or niche market that I was originally writing for.

My goal is to include two articles a day into my Xomba portfolio, when I dont have other freelance work to keep me occupied.  The money you earn in the beginning is not heaps and you really need to be using your Google Adsense account elsewhere to receive a payout.  I believe the minimum balance for payout is $100, which is why you can either wait a few months to earn this completely from Xomba, or be using Adsense with other blogs and websites.  I am currently using Adsense on my blogs, as well as with my people search website and after three months hope to receive my first payout.

As with my other online pursuits, I will document my earnings at the end of each month to show you how I am going and to assist myself in discovering the most profitable earners.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!

    Please let us know if you need any help.

    Thanks,
    Nick Veneris
    CEO
    Xomba.com

    ReplyDelete