Friday, January 22, 2010

An afternoon off

Thursday didn't work for me.  I was tired, a little bored and LJ was not in the mood for anything except getting his own way.  However I saw light at the end of the tunnel when my husband suggested I call his parents for some baby sitting. 

In the 15 months since LJ was born, this was the first time my in-laws had looked after him.  Writing this, I am sitting in the cool of my local library.  Ahhhh the peace!

I thought about catching a train into the city or to borrow my husband's car, but that was just too stressful.  I have opted for some quiet time at the library.  As a result I saved $4.80 on a train ticket and thousands of dollars on clothes and knick knacks that I may have bought had I gone to the shops....maybe not thousands but at least a few dollars on food and drinks, a coffee or two and perhaps a bargain here or there....what a nice way to save money.  I feel better now, having this time to myself, I think I need to do it more often.

Oh and good news, while I was there I found information on baby rhyme time, a fortnightly time for babies to get together with parents and have a book read to them.  There is no charge at our library, so I am going to take LJ to give him some more interaction with other kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment